Thursday, January 31, 2013

CIVIL WAR CONFEDERATE 12-POUNDER GRAPE

I miss the good old days when a digger could go out any day and stand a good chance of unearthing some really rare relics. Pictured are two of three complete stands of twelve pound grape I dug many years ago atop a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River. They were dumped there by Confederate or Union forces following the surrender of the city. I found many another rare relic of the War during my years of searching the hills around Vicksburg. I even wrote a book about many of my finds that might be interesting reading for anyone considering taking up the hobby. If so, check out "How to Hunt Treasure." The book is available on Amazon, B&N, and many other bookstores, and has been a great seller.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a marvelous hunting of valuable treasures. 12 pounder grape will be placed in the Museum. Pounder grape hunting is like planning a real treasure hunting experience for the entire family is simple to do and will create memories that will last a lifetime. click here to read more about fantastic treasure hunting.